Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
The Video Assistant Referees (VAR) will make its debut in this edition of the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has confirmed.
However, the latest technology in refereeing will be applied from the quarter-final games.
“We’ve taken all measures and tested offline for a backup to the VAR. The referees are concentrating to make everything possible for the system to be implemented successfully.
“We took the risk and until now it worked very well until we have some difficulties and we assure they will not be repeated,” CAF’s Deputy General Secretary, Anthony Baffoe said on Friday.
The VAR has previously been used in the CAF Interblubs finals, after its successful implementation during the CAF Super Cup in 2018 between Wydad Athletic Club (Morocco) and TP Mazembe (DR Congo) in Casablanca.
- Biafra: From Nnamdi Kanu To Ifeanyi Ubah Now Ekweremadu, Buhari Wants To Silence All Igbo Leaders Who Are Not In APC Ahead Of 2019 – Fayose
- Chai! 4 Malawian Referees Banned For Life For Receiving Just $20 Between Them To Fix A Game
- Who Is The Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman In Northern Nigeria (Pictures)
- Chai!! All I Want For My 33rd Birthday Is Anthony Joshua’ – Toke Makinwa
- When Is Ramadan 2018 Starting In Nigeria