2019 Election Break For Schools In Nigeria | When Is Public Holiday For Schools In Nigeria | 2019 Presidential Public Holidays For Schools In Nigeria | Is There Public Holiday For Schools In Nigeria 2019 Election
Nigeria’s Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu has finally declared February 15 and 19 2019 a mid-term break only for unity schools across the Nigeria.
The Minister stated this at a ministerial news briefing in Abuja on Friday, explained that this was to ensure that parents have time to vote at the presidential polls, scheduled to hold on February 16.
“Our students in unity schools are not of voting age but we adjusted the mid-term break to make it fall within the elections period.
“The date for the mid-term break will be from Friday, February 15 to Tuesday, February 19. This is for only unity schools in the country. We are not shutting down other schools.
“The essence of this break is to enable parents have maximum time to go and cast their votes and have the freedom to bring their children and wards back to school.
“Even if the child is not of voting age, the parent is of voting age. The break is only for presidential elections. There is no break for governorship elections,” Adamu said.
- See New Dates For Nigeria General Election 2019 (Presidential, Governorship, National Assembly)
- Is June 12 A Public Holiday In Nigeria – Find Out Here!!
- 2018 Public Holidays In Nigeria (Jan – December)
- Is Monday October 2 2017 Public Holiday In Nigeria? FG Declares Public Holiday for 57th Independence Anniversary… Details
- Has Nigeria Presidential Election Been Postponed? Why Did INEC Postponed Nigeria’s General Election 2019?
- Nigeria 2019 Election Postponement: Read INEC Full Statement
- Attention!! INEC Announces Date For 2019 Presidential Election… Will Hold On February 16, 2019