Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
The Ghana Medical Association (GMA) has insisted that government should immediately revoke the planned implementation of a policy that will see to the delivery of blood and other medical supplies to remotes areas using drones.
Parliament Thursday approves a $12.5 million deal to contract US-based Fly Zipline International to distribute critical medicals supplies across the country for four years.
But the GMA in a press statement Thursday observed there needs to be a broader stakeholder engagement on the issue to set some fundamentals before the implementation of the policy.
According to the GMA, it is appropriate for them as an Association of Medical Doctors and Dentists, who are stakeholders in the policy to offer their perspective on the matter even though they have not been consulted.
The GMA says it is not averse to the use of technology to improve health care delivery but noted “health should not be politicized, and the health of Ghanaians is critical”.
The GMA further observed the proposed services to be delivered by the drone technology do not conform to the existing primary healthcare policy in the country.
The association also noted that the technology per se will not be a solution to the health care delivery challenges in the country with an improvement in human resource capacity.
GMA therefore wants the government to immediately suspend the implementation of the policy.
- Apply For Newgate Medical Service Limited Recruitment 2017 | Job Vacancies At Newgate Medical Service – www. newgatemed. com
- REVEALED!! Why Buhari Chose Foreign Doctors For His Medical Treatment – Health Minister
- PAMO University Of Medical Sciences Faculties & Departments
- 79 Medical Doctors Resign From Kogi Govt Hospitals Over Irregular Payment Of Salaries
- Danger Looms In Nigeria As Nigerians Resident Doctors seek jobs abroad
- Meet The New DG Of NIPRD, Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe
- See FUTA 2017 New Post-UTME Screening Dates
- Apply For Latest Ongoing Job Recruitment At Médecins du Monde
- See What A Popular Nigerian Socialite Charley Boy Told President Buhari To Do With Biafran Agitation
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment 2018 For Occupational Health Physician