Pictured is Mohammed Yusuf, a member of the criminal gang, which stormed the Apo residence of Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu in Abuja in the early hours of Tuesday.
According to reports, the suspect gained access into the bedroom of the senate leader.
The Police declared yesterday’s security incident at Ekweremadu’s home as burglary and not an assassination attempt.
Giving an initial report of its investigation into the alleged assassination attempt on Ekweremadu, police spokesman Jimoh Moshood said four policemen, who were on duty at the time of the invasion of his home by the gunman, had been arrested.
A member of the Civil Defence Corp on duty there is also under arrest, he added.
The police said investigation revealed that the suspects burgled another house before getting to Ekweremadu’s home.
Also arrested is one Mohammed Yusuf from Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State. Another person simply identified as Ali had been declared wanted by the police in connection with the incident.
Moshood listed the items recovered from the suspect as including motor jack, big screw driver, big rod, a small kitchen knife and other house-breaking implements.
- HAPPENING NOW! Ike Ekweremadu’s House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja (Photos)
- You Are Suffering From Political ‘Quary Gada Quary Gada’ – Father Mbaka Fires Ekweremadu
- See The Moment Senate President, Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (VIDEO)
- See The Letter Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu Received From EFCC Today (Photo)
- We Will Move Against You If.. – EFCC Tells Ekweremadu
- Biafra Latest News: South East Governors, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu,GOC Meets In Enugu (Photos)
- Why We Stayed In PDP – Ekweremadu