President Muhammadu Buhari has forwarded to the Senate the name of Chidi Uzowa for confirmation as Director-General of Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission.
Mr Uzowa’s nomination was contained in a letter read by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Tuesday.
The letter reads, “In accordance with section 21 (a) of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act 2010, I hereby forward for confirmation by the Senate nomination of Engineer Chidi Uzowa as Director-General of Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission.
“It is my hope that this request will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the distinguished Senate. Please accept, Mr Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
In a separate letter, Mr Buhari wants the Senate to confirm six other people as chairman and members of the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics.
“In compliance with section 8(2A and J) of the statistics act 2010, I write to forward here names of the chairman and members of the board of the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics for confirmation by the senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Attached herewith are the curriculum vitae.
Dr Kabir Nakura – chairman
Alhaji Akinola Bashir – member
Prof Moses Momoh – member
Walijo Danladi – member
Adamu Modu – member
Nwafo Paul Chukwudi – member
“It is my hope that this request will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the distinguished senate, please accept, Mr Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
- See Full List Of Names President Buhari Presented To Senate For Confirmation Of 10 CCB Nominees
- Breaking: President Buhari Writes To Nigeria Senate To Confirm Appointment Of Nine INEC State RECs
- Full List: Acting President Osinbajo Makes New Appointments
- Nigeria Have No President & Vice President For Now! Drama As Senate Attempts To Declare Saraki Acting President
- Senate Stops Buhari’s Appointee From Assuming Office
- JUST IN! Senate Orders Osinbajo To Remove Magu, Suspends Appointment Confirmation
- Magu Came For A Job Interview & Failed, Up Till Now He Parades Himself As EFCC Boss….He Should Go – Dino Melaye