Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, known as the Total 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, is a football game event planned to be the 32nd edition of the Africa Cup of Nations, the biennial international men’s football championship of Africa is organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF).
The tournament is scheduled to be hosted and played in Cameroon. The competition will commence from 15th June to 13th July 2019, as per the decision of the CAF Executive Committee on 20 July 2017 to move the Africa Cup of Nations from January/February to June/July for the first time. It will also be the first Africa Cup of Nations expanded from 16 to 24 teams.
Cameroon will host the competition, for the first time since 1972. They are also the title holders after winning the previous edition.
According to a report on BBC Sports confirmed that the Confederation of African Football’s executive committee approved the proposal on Thursday at a meeting in the Moroccan capital Rabat.
Africa’s flagship sporting event has featured 16 teams since 1996.
A decision on whether the finals will be moved from January and February to June and July is still awaited.
Before this official announcement, the Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Pinnick, had thrown his weight on the expansion drive.
Pinnick on Wednesday in Rabat told the gathering of African football’s decision makers why CAF’s flagship tournament should be expanded.
He said: “This proposal is hinged on sporting, commercial and infrastructural reasons, and we believe that sooner than later, everyone would come to appreciate the position of the proponents of a bigger Africa Cup of Nations.
“George Weah from Liberia became the only African to have been named the World Player of the Year, same year he was voted the African Player of the Year and European Player of the Year. He is from a nation (Liberia) many would consider a minnow in the African game. If we have a bigger AFCON, there will definitely be more talented players coming onto the stage, and we could just discover that the next ‘Weah’ would come from either Djibouti or Botswana.
“For commercial reason, more corporate organizations and stakeholders will be involved and it is certainly a bigger cake for everyone. CAF will be richer and the Member Associations will surely benefit. When UEFA staged the European Championship in 2012, when it was a 16 –team event, they made a profit of $1.5 billion. Last year, when they staged a 24 –team event for the first time, they made $2.1 billion.
“Having a 24 –team AFCON will also compel the development of stadia facilities across the African continent, as CAF will certainly encourage co-hosting, and this will also ginger general infrastructural development in the continent.”
- Finally CAF Increases AFCON (africa Cup Of Nation) From 16 Teams To 24…Takes Effect By 2019
- Who Is The Coach Of Morocco?
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: African teams to receive $500,000 – See Nigeria’s Position Here
- Will SABC Broadcast AFCON 2019? | SABC AFCON Live Streaming & Updates
- AFCON 2019: Egypt Vs Zimbabwe Live Streaming, Results, Live Updates, Commentaries, Highlights, Scores 6/21/2019
- Which Country Will Host AFCON 2019? Egypt [DETAILS]
- Golden Ball, Golden Shoe, Golden Glove – FIFA Unveils New Trophies For World Cup 2018
- In Pictures: See The Moment Lionel Messi & Argentina Team Arrived Russia For World Cup 2018
- It’s Official!! Nigerian Defender, Chima Akas Joins Kalmar FF, Swedish Club
- AFCON 2019: Nigeria Vs Burundi Live Streaming, Updates, Results, Scores, Commentaries, Highlights 22/6/2019