A police inspector, Philip Okolo and a commercial motorcyclist were, yesterday, crushed to death by a Ijoko-Apapa bound train train at the popular PWD area in Ikeja.
The bike rider was said to be trying to quickly maneuver through the level crossing while the train was moving, but got stuck on the track.
Lagos District Manager of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), Jerry Oche, who confirmed the incident, said the motorcyclist refused to stop for the train to pass. .
“We have warned passersby, motorists and other road users to stay away from railway tracks. Railway track is a very dangerous place to toy with, everything involves iron, that’s the rail tracks and the train itself. .
I learnt that he was trying to outsmart the train, before he was crushed by the moving train. It’s an unfortunate incident,” he said.
- BREAKING: Many Feared Dead As Train Crushes Commercial Bus In Agege, Lagos State
- Moment 14-year-old Jenna Betti Died After She Was Sucked Under Train While Taking Selfies On Train Tracks (Pictures)
- See The Moment Train Crushed Over 60 People During Dussera Festival In India [VIDEO]
- Miracle! See How Passengers Almost Fell Into A River After Bus Tragedy On Edo Bridge (Photos)
- SHOCKING! Woman Throws Stranger’s 5yr-Old Daughter In Front Of Oncoming Train As A ‘Human Sacrifice.. Details
- Taiyah Peebles 16 Got Electrocuted After Saying ‘I don’t know where I am’ To her friends
- Rules Of Road Overtaking According To Nigeria Highway Code