There was panic earlier today in Osun state as policemen embarked on a show of force ahead of the rerun election tomorrow. In a footage posted online, the policemen were seen patrolling the streets Ile-Ife of (Mayfair area) while shooting sporadically in the air as residents took to their heels and hid to avoid being victims of stray bullets.
The Osun State gubernatorial election which took place last Saturday, 22nd September 2018, was declared inconclusive.
The Returning Officer, Prof. Joseph Fuwape, declared the election inconclusive after the collation of the results from the 30 local government areas showed that the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ademola Adeleke, scored 254,698; followed by Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress, APC, who polled 254,345 votes.
INEC felt compelled to declare the poll inconclusive when it discovered that the number of votes cancelled in seven polling units (3,498) was more than the difference between the first and second placed candidates (353). It reached this decision based on INEC Election Guidelines made pursuant to Section 153 of the Electoral Act 2015.
- See Names Of Polling Units Osun State Governorship Election 2018 Rerun Will Hold In
- Who Won Osun APC Primary Election? Gboyega Oyetola Emerges Winner
- Checkout pictures from APC mega rally in Osun State
- Biography & Profile Of Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola
- Chief Victor Umeh Wins Anambra Central Senatorial Rerun Election
- Osun West By-Election: INEC Declares PDP Winner (SEE OFFICIAL RESULT)
- Who Said PDP Was Dead? – Fani Kayode Reacts To Osun State By-election PDP Win