The National Chairman of SDP Olu Falae, has disowned Omisore.Saying that Omisore supported APC of his personal interest and not the interest of the party.
The Social Democratic Party (SDP) has denied approving the pact that Iyiola Omisore, its candidate in the Osun State governorship election, entered with the All Progressives Congress (APC) for Thursday’s Osun governorship rerun.
In a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Alfa Mohammed, SDP said it was not part of the agreement reached between Omisore and the APC.
“The Social Democratic Party (SDP) would like to make it categorically clear that the National Leadership of the party was not part of the recent developments involving our party’s gubernatorial candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore of Osun State, and the conclusions arrived at,” read the statement.
“We remain irrevocably committed to serving the Nigerian people on the basis of the vision, principles and goals of social democracy which underlie the philosophy of our great party, the SDP.”
Also speaking on the matter, SDP chairman, Olu Falae, told Channels Television that the party Omisore acted alone.
Earlier on Wednesday, Omisore had announced his decision to work with the APC in the rerun, saying the decision was made “after due consultations with the party leadership and members in all the 30 local government areas of Osun State”.
He said APC had agreed to adopt SDP’s manifestos in “forming a coalition government with SDP in Osun State”.
- See Names Of Polling Units Osun State Governorship Election 2018 Rerun Will Hold In
- Who Won Osun APC Primary Election? Gboyega Oyetola Emerges Winner
- Video: Oshiomhole Canvassing For Underage Voters In Osun State
- Breaking News: Sheriff, Kashamu Loses Their Followers As They All Decamp To New Mega Party (Photos)
- Biography & Profile Of Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola
- LIVE UPDATES & LATEST NEWS: Osun State Governorship Election Rerun 2018
- Osun Governorship Election Rerun Results 2018 [UNOFFICIAL] APC Leading