Tension is currently sweeping through Ondo State following the interception of a truck load of 1550 ballot boxes expected to be used in the upcoming re – run Osun elections scheduled for this Thursday.
The transparent white ballot boxes were intercepted on the Akure – Ilesa road, 110 kilometres from the state capital, by state security operatives
The boxes were found in a 24 feet container trailer with registration number plate, Abuja XE794 ABJ driven by one Mohammed Abdullahi
The consignment according to Abdullahi, was destined for Osun State.
Information from eye witness reporters and citizens at the scene of the incident soon spread that the boxes were stuffed with thumb printed ballot cards.
To douse the tension, the police has confiscated the boxes in the presence of police, state security and INEC officials, reporters and representatives of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the Police Area Command head office Akure.
When contacted earlier on, Mr. Kayode Idowu, the Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman said he is not yet aware of such development. Further attempts to contact him as since proved abortive as all his numbers has been switched off.
Meanwhile, the driver of the truck has been detained along with the truck pending when the state security personnel are able to determine the origin of the truck and subsequently fish out the master minds of such criminal acts
- First Pictures Of Ooni’s New Wife, Noami Performing Her Duty As Queen Of Ife
- Suspected Fake Currency Syndicates Have Been Arrested By Nigerian Policemen In Osun (Photos)
- Nigerian Police Intercepts A Truck Driver In Zaki-Benue State Trafficking 2 Children (Read More Details)
- BREAKING: Owner Of Otedola Bridge Fire Tanker, Hassan Yusuf Maiwake Arrested
- How Many Army Barracks Are In Nigeria
- Tension As Gunmen Storms Ogba Zoo In Edo State, Kidnaps Official, Shot 3 Policemen Dead (Photos)
- Ritualists Who Butchers & Sells Human Body Parts Arrested In Gbongan Osun State (Photos)