A soldier has been arrested for killing at least two people in Borno state. The soldier allegedly killed another sergeant colleague and another woman who was reportedly hit by stray bullets in the random shooting.
It was not immediately clear why the soldier allegedly carried out the shooting.
Three soldiers were also seriously wounded in the shooting.
The Army tweeted shortly earlier today that two soldiers were killed in a case of accidental discharge on Wednesday afternoon.
“Accidental discharge kills 2 soldiers. We deeply regret to announce the death of two soldiers of 192 Battalion who lost their lives as a result of an accidental discharge during in-theatre training today,” the Army said.
The statement said a thorough inquiry would be conducted to understand the source of the fatal attack.
- SHOCKING!! Cameroonian Soldier Sent To Fight Boko Haram Kills Army Commander, Then Shoots Himself Dead (Graphic Photos)
- Nigerian Army Allegedly Shoots 2 People In Aba After A Soldier Was Beaten By A Civilian (Photos)
- Happening Now: Three Confirmed Dead As Nigerian Soldiers Exchanges Battle With Civilians In Kaduna (Photos)
- Boko Haram Ambush Military Convoy In Borno.. Kill 3 Soldiers
- SHOCKING!! Man Shoots His Son’s Wife Dead Then Kills Himself In Delta State (Photo)
- Nigerian Soldier Butchered To Death By 2 Men While Trying To Fix His Flat Tyre In Kaduna (Graphic Photos)
- SAD! See Pictures Of Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Boko Haram Ambush In Borno State