The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has withdrawn the operating license of Skye Bank.
CBN Governor, Godwin Emefile announced the decision of Friday evening in Lagos.
Polaris Bank has been established to assume ownership of the assets and liabilities of Skye Bank.
The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation has injected N786bn in the new bank.
The management of the defunct bank was however retained for its good performance.
The defunct Skye Bank has been on CBN’s lifeline since July 2016 and the apex bank says it can no longer continue to intervene to keep the balance liquid.
More Details Soon!
- Nigerian Man Shot Dead By South African Police (Graphic Photos)
- See The Face Of Sacked Female Fidelity Bank Staff Defrauds People With The Bank T-Shirt (Pictured)
- Viral Video Of A Monkey Riding A Bicycle In Taigu, Shaanxi Performance
- Good! Nigerian Man Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar… Details (See Photo)
- SHOCKING! 7 Ex Employees Of Nigerian Airways Die In One Week Because The Could Not Afford Proper Treatment For Their Ailments
- Breaking: Central Bank Of Nigeria Head Office In Abuja On Fire
- SAD NEWS: Nigeria’s First Female Banker, Sarah Adenike Morocco-Clarke Dies At 80