Examples Of Erect Plants In Ghana
Erect plants are plants which depend on other plants for support to attain greater stature, occur throughout the world, more especially in taller vegetation types where the ability to climb is advantageous or necessary. They are a particularly common element of tropical rain forests, typically comprising about 20-30% of the vascular plant flora (Gentry 1982, Hall & Swaine 1981).
Erect Plant spread horizontally rather than growing vertically. Erect plants produce new plants along the way and can quickly cover large areas. Some spread by stem growth, developing roots on the stem as they grow along the ground. Others send out runners that develop a new plant at the end. Still others spread underground, sending up new plants from spreading roots.
Examples Of Creeping Plants In Ghana
1. Griffonia simplicifolia
Griffonia simplicifolia is the commonest climbing plant in Ghana-’s forests is Griffonia simplicifolia(Caesalpinoi-deae), a large liane. It is a simple-leaved legume, rare in Wet Evergreen forest, but absent only from Upland Evergreen forests. It may be found in almost any small patch of forest elsewhere in the forest zone. It is now famous as a natural source of 5-hydroxytryptophan (especially the seeds), used as treatment for dis-orders resulting from serotin deficiency in humans which has been linked to depression,migraine headaches, and sleep disorders
Laccosperma is a clustering genus of flowering plant in the family palm found in tropical Africa. Poorly studied and rarely cultivated, they are closely related to the genus Eremospatha and with it form a tribe in the Calameae characterized by dyads of hermaphrodite flowers.
The cucumber, or less formally cuke, is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless. Within these varieties, several cultivars have been created
- Checkout Multi Billion 15 Megawatt Gas Plant Built By Canaanland And Covenant University For Their Own Use, And Nigeria Cannot Afford One (Photos)
- What Is Giant Hogweed | Giant Hogweed Identification | What To Do If It Burns You
- See NECO Agricultural Science Questions 2017 | NECO Practical Answers
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Mixed Farming In Nigeria
- Here Are List Of Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World
- Explain 5 Ways The Process Of Soil Formation
- JAMB Past Questions & Answers On Biology 2018