The Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof Mahmood Yakubu, has said voters will not be allowed to go inside polling booths with their telephones, cameras and any other devices that can record images.
He said this on Monday in Osogbo at the stakeholders’ forum organised ahead of Saturday election.
The INEC chairman said this would help to curb the issue of vote-buying and vote-selling which he described as a new strategy adopted by politicians to rig elections.
He said voters would not be barred from using their devices at the polling units but would not be allowed to hold their cameras and telephones from the moment they are issued with ballot papers until they cast their marked ballots inside the ballot boxes.
- Ekiti 2018: Policeman Seen Sleeping While Watching Over Ballot Box [Photos]
- LIVE UPDATES & LATEST NEWS: Osun State Governorship Election Rerun 2018
- Ekiti 2018: If You Snatch The Ballot, We Will Cut Off Your Hands, If You Run With It, We Will Stop Your Legs – Police Warns
- How INEC Will Conduct 2 Election In Anambra November 18
- Electronic Voting Machine Arrives Nigeria, To Be First Used In Kaduna – See How To Use It (Photos)
- See Names Of Polling Units Osun State Governorship Election 2018 Rerun Will Hold In
- Anambra Election Was Successfully Boycotted, 2019 Will Be Worse Than What Happened On Nov 18 – IPOB