It has been made known to the general public that the Hurricane Florence will hit the North Carolina by this week Thursday.
HURRICANE Florence is on course to reach North Carolina on Thursday, battering the American East Coast with gale-force tropical winds and heavy rain.
US East Coast residents have been warned of severe floods to be caused by Hurricane Florence on Thursday as the tropical storm regains its strength on its way to North Carolina.
WTSP meteorologist Ashley Batey warned the hurricane will spread throughout the American east coast in the next couple of days.
She warned: “All eyes are focused on this storm, Hurricane Florence.
“Winds have decreased a little bit this morning down to 130mph but that’s only because it’s undergone what’s called an eyewall replacement cycle that temporarily weakens the storm.
“But as we put the tracker on you can see by tomorrow morning we’re still anticipating this will strengthen into the neighbourhood of 150mph.
“A category five is 157mph or above, we certainly flirt with that before we see a little bit of weakening as we see it approaching the Carolinas coastline on Thursday, likely during the evening.
“And then from there, it’s going across the area meaning a big flooding threat is in the forecast.
“Models becoming more and more confident on where the storm is going to make landfall.
- Hurricane Florence Path Right Now In South Carolina and the Entire East Coast
- JUST IN: Hurricane Florence Has Made Landfall Near Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina (Video)
- Is Atlanta Braves Giving Free Tickets For Hurricane Florence Victims In North Carolina
- HOPELESS: Fear In Texas As More Flooding Ravages Cities,Texans Being Rescued From Hurricane (Photos)
- REVENGE! See The Moment South Korea Released 8 Bombs After North Korea Launched Missile Over Japan (Photos)
- Thai Boat Tragedy: 37 Reportedly Dead And Many Missing
- Wild Jubilation In Port Harcourt As Soldiers Returns Back Home After A Long Battle With Boko Haram