What Is The Full Meaning Of Do Not Disturb
DO NOT DISTURB is a facility which gives subscribers the freedom to choose what messages to receive from the various networks. With this Direction the operators have been mandated to dedicate a common Short Code (2442) which will enable subscribers take informed decisions.
This good especially when you have become tired of recieving unnecessary massages from MTN and Glo, this code is officially made available by the Nigerian Communication Commission to stop this massage automatically.
How To Stop Unsolicited Massages From MTN And Glo Networks
Following a Direction to the telecommunications service providers in the country, the operators, with effect from July 1, 2016, activated the DO NOT DISTURB facility which gives subscribers the freedom to choose what messages to receive from the various networks. With this Direction the operators have been mandated to dedicate a common Short Code (2442) which will enable subscribers take informed decisions.
Mr. Tony Ojobo, Director of Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), in a statement, said this action was taken in order to protect subscribers from the nuisance of unsolicited texts, and therefore a direct regulatory response to the yearnings of the subscribers. By this action, he explained, the Commission has invoked a regulatory provision which had hitherto been overlooked by the operators.
Taking cognizance of the broad range of services which include: Banking/Insurance/ Financial Products, Real Estate, Education, Health, Consumer Goods and Automobiles, Communication/ Broadcasting/ Entertainment/ IT, Tourism and leisure, Sports, Religion(Christianity, Islam, others), the Commission directed the operators to give the necessary instructions and clarifications that will enable subscribers subscribe to a particular service/services /none at all. In fact, a Full DND which is SMS “STOP” to 2442 does not allow the subscriber to receive any unsolicited message from the operators at all.
Below are the various options;
Use 2442 Shortcode For Many Options
- “SMS 1” for receiving SMS relating to Banking? Insurance/ Financial products to 2442
- “SMS 2” for receiving |SMS relating to real Estate to 2442
- “SMS 3” for receiving SMS relating to Education to 2442
- “SMS 4” for receiving SMS relating to Health to 2442
- “SMS 5” for receiving SMS relating to Consumer goods and Automobiles to 2442”
- “SMS 6” for receiving SMS relating to Communication/ Broadcasting Entertainment/IT to 2442
- “SMS 7” for receiving SMS relating to Tourism and leisure to 2442
- “SMS 8” for receiving SMS relating to Sports to 2442
- “SMS 9” for receiving SMS relating to Religion to 2442
- See The New Short Codes That Will Stop The Unsolicited Sms Messages From MTN, GLO, Etisalat…
- See How Many Days NCC Ordered MTN,GLO & Airtel To Extend Data Usage For Their Suscriberss
- Beware!! MTN Uganda To Start Switching Off Unregistered Sim Cards By 28th August 2017
- How To Get GLO Unlimited Browsing For Valentine
- MTN Customer Care Number South Africa
- MTN Customer Care Code | MTN Head Office Contact Number
- Point to point topology disadvantages