Amir Khan is meeting his opponent Samuel Vargas the Colombian born heavyweight boxer tonight and fans are already in a great anticipation.
There was a bizarre moment earlier this week when this evening’s two headline fighters took to the scales.
Amir Khan needed to remove his pants and socks to make the 10st 7lb welterweight limit ahead of his fight with Samuel Vargas in Birmingham.
The two men meet in a non-title bout at Arena Birmingham on Saturday as the Bolton favourite continues his comeback after a two-year break from the sport.
While Colombia-born Canadian Vargas comfortably made the weight with a pount to spare, Khan, 31, was a couple of pounds too heavy.
Removing his socks was not sufficient to make the 147lb limit, so a security guard’s jacket was needed to protect his modesty as he removed his briefs to hit the weight at the third attempt.
Watch Khan Talking About What He Will Do To Samuel Tonight
"I'm going to hurt him in this fight and I'm going to outclass him." 💥🥊
Amir Khan says Samuel Vargas will be "hurt" and outclassed this weekend as the British star wants to secure a "mega fight" before 2019.
— Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) September 6, 2018
- What Time Does Amir Khan Fight Tonight
- Happening Now: Lightheavyweight Britain Boxer Scott Westgarth Dies In Hospital (MORE DETAILS)
- Highlight: Watch The Moment Christian Coleman Defeated Usman Bolt in The 100 Meters With A 9.58 Since 2009
- Hmm! Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme Transfers From One Room To Another On Transfer Deadline
- Twitter User Claims The ‘NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland’
- Rivers State Athletes Involved In A Terrible Accident.. Many Injured (Photos)
- See The 5 Youngsters To Watch In EPL