Born: 25 June 1981 (age 37 years), Soweto, South Africa
Record label: Gallo Record Company
Date of Death: 9th August 2018
Cause Of Death: Severe Seizure
Linda Mkhize, also known as ‘Pro and ProKid, was born 25 June 1981 in Soweto, South Africa.
He is a Hip Hop artist who was signed to the Gallo Record Company after his independently released track ‘Soweto’ gained popularity.
Pro has fronted for the Soweto rap group in the past, but doesn’t currently.
His rap songs include a significant amount of vernacular. He is also said to believe that rhyming should not be language based, that the delivery should be what matters as shown by the following quote.
“ For me rhyming goes beyond choosing a language I feel comfortable with. There are things you can loose when using vernacular yet there are things that sound right when using African languages ”
—- Linda Mkhize
Pro has worked with various producers and rappers, including Dplanet, Amu, Nyambz, Omen and Draztik Dome.
In 2007 Pro travelled to the Netherlands to record with Tripple & Touch, where he performed at many clubs in Amsterdam and performed with P. Diddy.
He has also performed as an opening act for HipHop, Busta Rhymes, and 50 Cent. In 2006 he co-presented SABC1’s dance show, Jika Ma Jika.
He died on 9th August 2018 after suffering from severe seizure
- Duncan Skuva, Mthokozisi – Linda PRO Mkhize (Tribute)
- South African Hip Hop Artists, ProKid Mkhize Is Dead (See What Killed Him)
- Mobi Dixon – Abantu ft. Samthing Soweto
- Linda “Pro” Mkhize Memorial Service Announced [SEE DATE & VENUE]
- Thando (Idols SA) – Wasting Time
- Pictures Of New N12M Bentley Mulsanne Linda Ikeji Bought For Her Son, Jayce Jeremi Baby J
- Black Coffee ft Samthing Soweto – Ndoda