Former Kano State Governor Abiu Musa Kwankwaso has said he and others who dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2014, to support President Muhammadu Buhari against then President Goodluck Jonathan, are regretting their action.
Kwankwaso, a presidential aspirant, who was in Owerri, the Imo State capital, on a consultation visit to PDP members, condemned President Buhari’s approach to “reviving the economy”.
The senator condemned the poor state of infrastructure in the Southeast, saying the anomaly could only be corrected by a change of government at the centre next year.
He hoped that the PDP would form the government at the centre and in many states.
Kwankwaso said Nigerians were fed up with the All Progressives Congress (APC), “and will be happy seeing PDP return to power.”
“From North to South, the citizens are looking for a government that will not place emphasis on religion, ethnicity and culture, but national development. The PDP government shall bring development, create platforms and provide jobs for Nigerians.
“I have been in Southeast in the last few days. The state of infrastructure in this region is incredible. It is either that the government lacks the capacity to improve the economy or something. Electricity is important in this country. The people need a government that will be just and provide employment for teeming young Nigerians,” he said.
Elder statesman and PDP Board of Trustee (BoT) member Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu described Kwankwaso as a good material for the president.
He urged Nigerians to join PDP to “vote out a government that has failed the country.”
State PDP Chairman Charles Ezekwem, represented by his Deputy, Martin Ejiogu, said the Igbo would only vote for a presidential candidate that would restructure the country and create an additional state in the region.
- “Nigerians Should Give Kwankwaso Opportunity To Turn Around The Economy In 2019″ – Mr John Odekina, APC Chieftain Kogi
- Quit Notice: It’s Not The Entire Igbos That Wants To Leave Nigeria- Okorocha
- 2019: Buhari, Atiku, Kwankwaso Divide North
- “We Are Ready To Produce The Next President Of Nigeria” – Aegis of Middle Belt Youth Forum
- What Buhari Said That Made Northern Youths Give Igbos Quit Notice In The North – Fayose Speaks Out
- Nobody Will Stop Buhari From Being Re-elected In 2019 – Governor Bello Fires Obasanjo
- Breaking: Osinbajo Meets Igbo Leaders Over Quit Notice Order (See Names People In Attendance)