Not less than 41 Nigerian prostitutes were arrested in Weiba, Ghana around a place called Choice where several pubs operate at night.
The arrest of the prostitutes followed a tip-off from some residents in the area who had commented over the “nuisance activities” of the prostitutes, which have turned the vicinity into a haven for drug peddlers and armed robbers.
Due to these complaints received, the police laid surveillance and subsequently arrested 41 of the prostitutes, most of whom Chief Inspector Eninful said were Nigerians between 18 and 25 years.
The Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) had earlier hinted of decriminalizing prostitution in the coming months. This was according to the commissioner, Joseph Wittal, who says, prostitution as a mode of work cannot be linked to a crime. “Decriminalizing prostitution is meant to rig the status book of offenses that seem to be targeting poverty.
- Breaking News: Innocent Chukwuma To Be Arrested For Failing To Appear Before The Court To Face His Trial
- Kenya Human Rights Commission De-registered From NGO Over Claims Of Misuse Of Sh1.2bn (Photos)
- Happening Now!! Evans First Case In Court Wins N300Million Suit, Trial To Continue
- “Innoson Brought Six Truck-loads Of Thugs To Block Us ” – EFCC Finally Revealed What Happened During His Arrest
- Ohanaeze Accuses FG Of Bias In Call For Kanu’s Re-arrest
- Free Tim Omotoso Nigerian Pastor Peace Walk Held In Durban, South Africa (Photos)
- Inspector Samuel Imana, The Last Surviving Victim Of Shooting At A Child Dedication Ceremony In Warri Is Dead (Photos)