Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr has confirmed that retired goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme is ready to officially commence his role as a member of the Super Eagles’ technical crew.
But, Ikeme will not resume not until after Nigeria’s Africa Cup of Nation’s away match against Seychelles in Victoria in September.
The German tactician confirmed that Ikeme is expected to arrive Lagos on October 4, for Eagles’ third match in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, against Libya on October 10th which he would be one of the Nigerian team’s goalkeepers’ trainers.
Going to Seychelles for the Eagles’ upcoming fixture at the restart of the AFCON qualifiers could be asking too much from the leukaemia survivor, as it would mean him flying for ten hours, which Rohr says “is not conducive.”
He continued, “Ikeme has been excused from next weekend’s game and will make his debut in the Eagles’ dug with Libya, for which he will land in Lagos six days before the match.”
Heading into that game, Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr confirmed that Ikeme will take the six-hour flight from London to Lagos, rather than start with next Friday’s second AFCON 2019 qualifier against Seychelles.
- Why Mikel Obi Will Not Play At The Nigeria Vs Libya In 2019 Afcon Qualifiers Match
- AFCON Qualifiers: Seychelles Vs Nigeria Match Time, Kickoff Time, Date & Stadium
- AFCON Qualifiers: When Is Nigeria Vs South Africa Match Time/Kickoff Time, Dates, Stadium, TV Channels
- When Is Nigeria vs Seychelles Match Time Today 22/3/2019
- Nigeria Vs Libya [3-2]
- What Time Is Nigeria Vs Libya Match Today (16/10/2018) – Kickoff, Venue, TV Channels
- AFCON 2019: Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Releases Names Of Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt