Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has directed the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to immediately overhaul the management and activities of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
The order follows persistent complaints and reports on the activities SARS that border on allegations of human rights violations.
In a statement signed on Tuesday by his (Osinbajo) media aide, Laolu Akande, instructed the IGP to ensure that any Unit that will emerge from the process, will be intelligence-driven, restricted to the prevention and detection of armed robbery, kidnapping, apprehension of offenders linked to the stated offences, and nothing more.
- President Buhari Has Taken Me As A Son – Osinbajo
- Osinbajo Will Soon Tell Nigerians What He Discussed With Buhari In London
- When I Approved NNPC Contracts – VP Osinbajo Finally Speaks Up
- Unusual! Osinbajo Silent After 1-Hour Meeting With President Buhari In London
- Osinbajo Orders The Continuation Of Search & Rescue Missions To Locate The Remaining Chibok Girls
- We Will Address You Soon – Osinbajo Tells Agitators
- Nigerians Have Gone Through A Lot Of Pain And Anguish In The Past Few Days – VP Osinbajo