Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
The Imo State House of Assembly on Monday appointed the Head of Service, Callistus Ekenze as the new deputy governor.
This followed the impeachment of Mr Eze Madumere, over alleged gross misconduct.
Confirming the development to Punch, the majority leader, Lugard Osuji said: “The House has received a nomination letter from the governor for the replacement of the impeached deputy governor.
“The head of service, Callistus Ekenze, was nominated by the governor.
“His nomination has been cleared by the House unanimously. We are only waiting for his swearing-in ceremony.”
He also denied the allegation that the lawmakers received N5m each from the governor to impeach his former deputy, Eze Madumere.
“There was no financial or material inducement, to the best of my knowledge.
“We only carried out our constitutional responsibility.
“It is an insult to say that lawmakers were given N5m to impeach the former deputy governor,” he said.
- OMG! Peter Ndambiri, Kenyan Deputy Governor Caught Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife (Photos)
- 9 Things You Need To Know About Mrs Aisha Ahmed, The New CBN Deputy Governor
- Governor Ambode Submits His Nomination Forms In Abuja (Photos)
- Reps To Buy N6.1billion Cars For 360 Members
- EXPOSED! ‘yahoo Boys’ In Togo Targeting Nigerian Politicians To Scam Foreigners (Photos)
- Happening Now: Gov Alfred Mutua and Kisii Deputy Governor Joash Maangi Hospitalized After The Bridge They Were In Collapses
- 4 Important Questions Dele Momodu Asked Governor Ambode During His World Press Conference
- Amidst Tears Dr Gakuru’s body arrives at Lee Funeral Home
- See What Nnamdi Kanu Did When South East Governors Told Him To Drop Biafra Agitation
- I Am The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria – Okorocha Declares