Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
A passenger jet attempting to land at Kathmandu International Airport in Nepal skidded off a runway, crashed and burst into flames, killing at least 39 people, the airport’s general manager told ABC News.
Of the 71 people on board, at least 27 people survived. All sustained injuries, some critical, the general manager, Raj Chettri, said.
US-Bangle Airlines flight 211 was en route from Dhaka, Bangladesh, and arrived around 2:20 p.m. local time. The Canadian-made Bombardier, a Dash 8 Q400 that seats 78 people, made an “unbalanced” landing, according to Chettri.
It took around 25 minutes to extinguish a fire that engulfed the plane, Sanjiv Gaudam, the director general of Nepal’s civil aviation agency, told ABC News.
The cause of the crash is unclear. The pilot was advised to land from the more typical southern approach but chose to land on the northern side of the airport, according to Gaudam and Chettri.
The plane was carrying 67 passengers and four crew members. Those on board included 33 Nepalese, 32 Bangladeshi, one person from China, and one person from the Maldives, Chettri said.
- Plane Crash In Texas Addison Airport Kills 10
- Did Dana Aircraft Crash Land In Port Harcourt Airport – Pictures
- Breaking News: One Confirmed Dead After Plane Crashes And Explodes While Landing At The Runway In Caernarfon Airport Noth Wales
- Pretty Actress, Yvonne Nelson Thanks God After The Plane She Boarded Caught Fire In An Airport (Photos/Video)
- Happening Now: Dana Aircraft Crashes In Port Harcourt Airport, See Picture
- Breaking News: Fire Outbreak at Murtala Muhammad Airport, MMA1 Airport (Pictures & Video)
- World Cup 2018: Saudi Arabia Soccer Team Escapes Death As Their Plane Catches Fire In Mid Air (Photos)
- Heathrow London Airport On Fire, Police And London Fire Brigade At The Rescue
- Man Strips Completely Naked On Plane, Watches Porn And Then Attacks Air Hostess (18+)
- Pictures! Heavy Fire Outbreak At Sam Mbakwe Airport In Owerri, Imo State