Basile Atangana Kouna was removed from his ministerial position during President Paul Biya’s March 2 cabinet reshuffle. He had already been ordered the previous month not to leave the country.
It was not clear what charges Atangana Kouna was facing, but there was speculation on Thursday that he was arrested as part of an anti-corruption drive known as Operation Sparrowhawk.
Three men – a former Ministry of Public Works official, the head of a state company, and the ex-rector of the University of Douala – were arrested as part of the operation earlier this week.
- Nnamdi Kanu Receives The Artiste Who Was Arrested For Releasing Biafran Songs, Showers His Blessings On Him (Photos)
- Breaking! Has Aisha Alhassan Resigned? Buhari’s Minister Aisha Alhassan Bows Out
- Meet Abdelmadjid Tebboune The Only Algeria Minister Sacked 3 Days After His Appointment (Photo)
- Britain Replies Back To Nigeria Over OURMUMUDONDO MOVEMENT – See What They Are Saying
- Not One Of The Fulani Herdsmen Who Butchered 809 Christians Last Year Has Been Arrested – Fani Kayode
- Army Raid: Nnamdi Kanu Not Arrested – Kanu’s Brother, Fine Boy Reveals What Really Happened
- Breaking: Minister Of Finance Kemi Adeosun Has Resigned