Emmanuel Offin aka Nana Yaw, from Asuoyeboah in the Kumasi Metropolis in the Ashanti Region, a Mobile Phone Dealer, was described by his family members as ‘a staunch Chelsea supporter’.
According to Ghanaweb, Emmanuel died on the way to his house after fainting just minutes after the final whistle in yesterday’s Champions League quarter-finals clash with FC Barcelona.
Chelsea was kicked out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage as Barcelona forward Lionel Messi punished an error-ridden display in the Nou Camp.
Following a 1-1 draw in the first leg, the visitors fell behind after just 128 seconds as Lionel Messi shot through the legs of Thibaut Courtois from a tight angle.
Messi then set up Ousmane Dembele to hammer home the second after Cesc Fabregas lost possession.
Marcos Alonso hit the post for Chelsea with a free-kick before Messi’s 100th Champions League goal – after a mistake by Cesar Azpilicueta – took the hosts out of sight.
Otec news’ Reporter, Rhoda Dankwa who visited the family house of the late Nana Yaw at Asuoyeboah on Thursday, March 15, 2018, reported that the body has been deposited at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Morgue for an autopsy.
According to the brother who spoke on OTEC FM’S NYANSAPO programme said the death of their brother has really come as a big blow to us as a family.
The wife of the deceased identified only as Linda in an interview confirmed the news to Otec FM
- Is Lionel Messi Coming To South Africa? See Barcelona Squad To Face Mamelodi Sundowns
- Checkout Lionel Messi’s Lifetime Statistics 2004 – 2017
- Wow! Checkout The New Luxury MIM Hotel Worth N10billion Lionel Messi Just Bought (Photos)
- JUST IN: Chelsea Defender, John Terry Officially Joins Aston Villa (See Photo)
- Barcelona, Lionel Messi Arrives South Africa For Mamelodi Sundowns Match (Photos/Video)
- Big Money! Lionel Messi Signs New 4 Year £500,000 A Week Contract With Barcelona
- Super Goalkeeper, Ezenwa Seen Begging Messi’s Jersey After Loss [VIDEO]