He spoke to Pitchfork about why he is doing it.
The GMC Suburban SUV Biggie was shot in is reportedly being auctioned $750,000 while the BMW 7 Series Tupac was shot in is said to be going for $1.5 million.
Zimet says for the vehicles have ‘historical significance’, arguing that he’d sell them to museums, but hasn’t found one yet because they’re ‘perpetually broke.’ He said he got a hold of both cars coincidentally.
Speaking about the car Biggie was shot in he said:
‘Weirdly enough, a family purchased the SUV purely by chance and had no idea of its importance until several years later when they got a postcard from a detective in L.A. saying he needed the car returned for evidence. They had to give it up momentarily but later got it back.’
‘Now, in the case of the Tupac murder car, it’s been fully restored and, unfortunately, all the bullet holes were done over and you can hardly tell it was a car used in a murder. ‘However, with the Biggie car, although the doors were replaced [the LAPD cut off the original doors for evidence], there is a bullet hole still visible in the seatbelt!’
He also admits that trying to sell the vehicles is creepy, but the fact it surrounds the deaths of two of hip-hops most influential figures ‘appeals to people
- Is This Tupac Killer For Real? Killer Revealed By Police In Explosive Documentary (Photos)
- Tupac murder suspect Keefe D sensationally confesses to role in the rapper’s killing after revealing he’s now dying of cancer
- Customs Comes For E-Money, Impounds His 10 Luxury Vehicles Over N6m Import Duty
- Murdered American Rapper Xxxtentacion’s Mother Reveals He Had A Baby On The Way Before His Death
- Starboy!! Wizkid Shows Off His Exotic Cars (Photos)
- Who Is Dedrick D Williams? XXXTentacion Alleged Killer, Who Is His Tattoo Artist Arrested (VIDEO)
- Is Tupac Shakur Really In Malaysia? Reports Says He Is