Samsung has figured out a way to almost make your TV magically disappear.
The Korean tech giant unveiled its new line of futuristic smart TVs on Wednesday and one model can blend in with your wall just like a chameleon.
Its next generation QLED TVs include a feature called Ambient Mode, which enables the TV to blend in to the background whenever it’s turned off.
To turn on Ambient Mode, open Samsung’s SmartThings app, which is its connected home hub.
From there, you take a picture of your wall even if it’s patterned wallpaper, brick, wood or a plain white surface.
The feature attempts to make the TV look transparent by using a color and brightness matching process, displaying the same color or pattern shown on the wall behind it.
In short, Samsung’s clever new Ambient Mode tries to prevent the TV from looking like an ugly black box.
The feature also displays information on the TV screen even when people aren’t watching movies or TV.
It can play music and display the time, news headlines, traffic reports or weather updates.
Samsung released the new 5 QLED models on Wednesday, which range in size from 49 inches and 82 inches.
All the models have Ambient Mode.
Samsung says they’ll become available for purchase in the next few weeks.
Price is undocumented.
- Samsung Plans Launching Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 2018 Processor With Bluetooth 5.0 Certification
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ – Features, Specs And Prices In Nigeria & India
- See Samsung Galaxy J7 Price In Nigeria + Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) Full Specifications, Features And Price In Nigeria, India, Ghana, Kenya, Pakistan
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) Specification, Features, Pictures And JUMIA Price In Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya
- Samsung Galaxy S9 & Galaxy S9+ Price In India And Pakistan (Unboxing)
- Samsung Set To Launch Bixby A Smart Speaker