The FIFA World Cup trophy has landed in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital. The trophy which is currently on a tour of 91 cities in 51 countries across six continents before the finals, touched down at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport aboard a chartered flight at 11am today.
The trophy was received by the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports, Barrister Solomon Dalung; the Permanent Secretary, Mr. Olusade Adesola; President of The Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick; NFF Vice Presidents Seyi Akinwunmi and Shehu Dikko and; NFF General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi…
From the airport, the trophy, accompanied by several top officials of Coca-Cola’s Global Office and Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, including Coca-Cola Nigeria Managing Director Bhupendra Suri and Managing Director of Nigeria Bottling Company Georgios Polymenakos, will make its way to the Transcorp Hilton Hotel for a press conference.
This is the fourth Global Tour by the FIFA World Cup Trophy, and the third time it would be visiting Nigeria.
- FIFA World Cup Trophy To Touch Down Nigeria 3rd March 2018
- New FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Moves To 48th Spot [See The Top 10 List]
- BREAKING! Amaju Pinnick Appointed 1st Vice President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
- Checkout Full List Of NFF’s New Reconstituted Standing Committees [SEE THEIR NAMES]
- Nigeria Vs Cameroon H2H 4 September 2017: Nigerian Businessman Offers Super Eagles $20,000 Per Goal Scored
- Too Much Money!! Nigeria To Recieve N4.5 Billion From FIFA For Qualifying For Russia World Cup 2018
- World Cup 2018 Dates And Time For Matches