Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike on Tuesday blasted Governor Rochas Okorocha for granting amnesty to ‘notorious cultists’ behind the New year Day killings in Omoku community which led to the death of about 23 Rivers residents.
He said this amnesty granted by the Imo State Governor to the cultists will have no impact in Rivers State and the N20 million bounty placed on them by Rivers State government remains.
He told journalists at the Government House in Port Harcourt that the cultists whom Governor Okorocha pardoned are kingpins of the slained Don Waney cultist group who have been declared wanted.
“Yesterday, the Governor of Imo State granted amnesty to the cultists we declared wanted. These are cultists of the Don Waney gang who killed 23 persons on New Year Day.
“These are cultists who have been killing security agents. That amnesty offered by Governor Okorocha cannot cover Rivers State. These criminals are still wanted for their crimes against Rivers State and her people,” he said.
He claimed that the action of Governor Okorocha is a proof of the ‘intelligence’ made available to the Rivers State Government of the plans to grant Amnesty to wanted cultists for political reasons.
Wike also lamented what he described at the introduction of politics into security affairs.
“There is no need playing politics with the security of lives and property. Before Governor Rochas Okorocha granted amnesty to those who killed our people, he did not deem it fit to call me.
“They should always weigh the implications of these actions to the security of the region. Whether you are in PDP or APC, there is no need to politicise security,” Wike said, adding that the state government will continue to work towards improved security.
- Governor Wike Places N200 Million Bounty On Perpetrators Of New Year Day Killing
- Wike Stop Encouraging Militants – Amaechi Explodes In Anger
- Don Wanny Did Not Start Today.. He Planned To Kill More Than 200 Persons – Wike
- Rivers Women Will Remain Grateful To Governor Wike – Patience Jonathan
- If You Attempt To Rig Election In Rivers State.. Then You Will Rig Your Life – Wike
- Am Not A Criminal.. I Did Special Jobs For Wike – Tompolo
- ”You Are Mad” – Wike Blasts Amechi
- Finally Notorious Late Ex-Militant Leader, Don Waney‘s Gang Members Surrender
- I Have No Regrets That Wike Is The Governor Of Rivers State – Jonathan
- Buhari Told Nigerians They Will Make N1 Equal To $1, Nigerians Are Now Seeing That N1 Equal To $1 – Wike Tells Jonathan