Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
The Minister of Information and Culture, Mr Lai Mohammed, has asked Nigerians not to believe everything they read on the Social Media insisting that Nigeria is safe in the hands of President Buhari.
The Minister made this known on Saturday at a town hall meeting with the staff of the Nigerian Embassy in Madrid, Spain, and a cross section of Nigerians living in the European country on Saturday, a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the Minister of Information and Culture, Segun Adeyemi said.
He said contrary to the fake news being peddled on the Social Media, Nigeria is making steady progress, especially in revamping the economy, tackling insecurity and fighting corruption – the three cardinal programmes of the Buhari Administration.
“Don’t believe everything you read on the Social Media. Nigeria is neither at war nor in crisis.
“Contrary to what you may be reading on the Internet, the Buhari Administration is putting Nigeria on a solid footing, after the years that were eaten by the locust,” Mr Mohammed said.
The Minister accused naysayers of spending millions of Naira to distort the true situation of things in Nigeria and to make the Administration look bad.
He, however, stressed that the administration’s achievements should be evaluated against the backdrop of the tough challenges that it has faced since coming into office in 2015.
Lamenting some of the challenges, he said: “Unpaid pensions had run into billions of Naira in many states, contractors had abandoned sites across the country because they were being heavily owed, infrastructure was in poor state, power generation was 2,690 megawatts, billions were being paid as ‘fuel subsidies’ to fat cats, corruption was the order of the day, while 20 of the 27 local governments in Borno were under the firm control of Boko Haram”.
But all this according to him, is being reversed, and the results are now showing.
- ”Stop Mocking Us” – Lai Mohammed Begs Media
- The Question On Whether Buhari Should Seek A Re-election Or Not Is A Distraction – Lai Mohammed To Obasanjo
- Lai Mohammed Commissions Borehole In Katsina (Photos)
- Corruption: Nigerians Should Expect More Prosecutions & Convictions – Lai Mohammed
- Corruption Is No Longer Possible On The Table.. Buhari’s Achievements Laudable – Lai Mohammed
- We Are Ready To Work With Buhari To Fight Corruption In Nigeria – UK
- Buhari Is Really Alive.. Watch Longer Video Of Him In London Cracking Jokes With Lai Mohammed
- Is Buhari Leaving Nigeria Tomorrow? – See Here
- UK’s Department for International Development says about $32bn was lost to corruption during the six-year administration of ex-Pres. Jonathan.
- Nigeria Is Now A Laughing Stock In International Community, This is Buhari’s Miserable legacy – Femi Kayode