Some of the images shared on Twitter showed the principal allegedly kissing several students in his office while another showed a woman believed to be a member of the teaching staff exposing her undergarments to the principal. One of the videos briefly showed his face while having sex with another pupil.
The leak provoked anger and outrage from the city’s education authorities and parents who condemned the action of the principal. Residents of Reiger Park and some parents gathered outside the school on Monday to demand better protection for the pupils.
The Member of the Executive Council for Gauteng, Panyaza Lesufi, assured residents and parent that the scandal will be investigated. The Gauteng education spokesman Steve Mabona said the students involved will be provided with counselling.
“Those that must go for counselling will then have to do that. Necessary counselling will be provided to all those that are involved. Our teams will be on the ground to make sure that they get more information so that we take precaution and make sure that this does not happen in other areas,” he was quoted by EWN.
The source of the video is unknown and the police say they are investigating allegations of sexual abuse, as a task force has been formed to handle the inquiry. “Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward following the appointment of a task team of detectives,” said police spokesperson Lungelo Dlamini.
He added that they are investigating the source of the video which might have been taken some time ago. Many parents are also calling for criminal charges to be levelled against the principal who might be barred from teaching.
Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga advised parents to teach their children about their rights to speak up when they are sexually abused. She also advised girls to come forward when they are abused.
“Girls feel embarrassed, they don’t speak about it, and that’s how they allow it to continue. Children must also know they are each other’s keepers,” she was quoted by South African news channel eNCA.
This incident comes in the wake of the #MeToo social media movement that started in the United States to encouraged women and girls to expose those who sexually abuse them in any capacity.
Below are some comments from South Africans on Twitter
- 40 Schoolgirls Beaten Up After Confronting Sexual Harassers In Supual District, India (Photos)
- OMG!! Meet Gregory Finch, The South African Principal Who Had Sex With 35 Students And Teachers (Photos)
- Kenya School Fire Outbreak – Students Suspects It To Be Suicidal Acts
- Tension As UNIABUJA Students Almost Killed Alleged Kidnappers, Burns Their Car (Photo)
- 8 Confirmed Dead And 10 Other Injured in Nairobi After School Catches fire
- OMG! Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa (Photos/Video)
- Gay? Ashok Mishra, 35yr-Old Indian Teacher Rapes An 11yr-Old Nigerian Boy (Photos/Video)