This is to inform the genersl public or interested applicants wishing to study in University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry (UGSMD) this 2018/2019 academic year to know that invitation for applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme for the 2018/2019 Academic Year is ongoing.
• Applicants should have a good (B.Sc) First Degree (Minimum of 2nd Class Lower) in the following science-based courses: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physician Assistant, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Engineering, Laboratory Sciences, Physiotherapy and Radiography.
• Candidates should have obtained a good WASSCE/SSSCE grade in three (3) core subjects.
• There should be evidence of having completed National Service (if applicable).
NATURE OF PROGRAMME
The Graduate Entry Medical Programme is an integrated 4-year Medical Programme which leads to the award of MB ChB. The Programme will begin in April, 2017 and will be run on a FULL-TIME and NON-RESIDENTIAL BASIS.
COST OF ONLINE APPLICATION VOUCHER
University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, UniBank, Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank.
Foreign Applicants are to pay One Hundred and Ten US Dollars (US$110.00) as application fee into FGN-USD (0161034485694301) College Health Sciences, Korle Bu Campus. SWIFT CODE: ECOCGHAC. Kindly indicate SMD-GEMP on the pay slip and upload as part of the application form.
Access Course Form sells at Three Hundred and Ninety Ghana Cedis (GH¢390.00) for all Applicants. The price of the form covers tuition cost. Payment to be made at the Academic Affairs Office, Room 23, School of Medicine and Dentistry Administration.
Prospective applicants should take note of the following dates regarding the Graduate Entry Medical Programme admissions:
|Access Course||Monday, 29th January – Friday, 9th February, 2018|
|Entrance Examination||Tuesday, 13th February, 2018|
|Interview||Thursday, 15th February – Friday, 16th February, 2018|
|Orientation/Med. Exams||Tuesday, 3rd April – Friday 6th April, 2018|
|Workshop on Teaching & Learning Methodologies||Monday, 9th April – Thursday, 13th April 2018|
|Lectures Begin||Monday, 16th April, 2018|
Eligible applicants will be admitted into the Programme subject to passing an Entrance Examination and Oral Interview.
The Access Course covers English Language, Quantitative Methods, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Cellular and Molecular Biology.
The course will take place at the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, Korle-Bu from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day.
Participation in the Access Course is NOT compulsory but it is highly recommended.
The Entrance Examination takes place on Tuesday, 13th February, 2018. There will be only one centre – Accra Centre.
VENUE: ACCRA – GHANA
The Entrance Examination will take place at the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, New Examination Hall, Korle-Bu, Accra – Ghana as follows:.
• Paper 1 – General Paper is from 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
• Paper 2 – Scientific Foundations of Medicine is from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
It is expected that all applicants will arrange to be in Accra, Ghana within the periods stated above.
- Access Bank Ghana Limited Address
- Apply For Access Bank Entry-level Programme & 2-year Frontline Internship Recruitment 2018
- Methodist University College Ghana Admission Entry Requirements 2018/2019 Intake
- University of Ghana Distance Education Admission Form For 2018/2019 Is Out – How To Apply (
- How To Apply For University Of Ghana 2018/2019 Admission
- How To Apply For Mothodist University College Ghana Admission 2017/2018 Online
- Nursing & Midwifery Training College Ghana Admission Forms 2018/2019 – See How To Apply