Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday claimed that the political landscape in Nigeria has been taken over by those who stole money and drug barons, the type he said are now in the National Assembly, NASS.
Speaking after delivering a speech on ‘Leadership in the African Context – How to Drive Transformational Change in African Countries,’ at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, he enjoined youths to be actively involved in politics so as to bring about good governance in Africa and particularly Nigeria
The former president expressed regret that the amount of money required in politics was obscene, stressing that something must be done about it.
His words, “Politics in Nigeria has been dominated by people that have stolen money, that have godfathers or even drug barons, the type we have now at the National Assembly. So youths should pool resources to become politically active in order to replace the present crop of leaders and provide better alternatives”.
- Atiku Is The Type Of Leader Nigeria Needs – Ben Bruce
- The Better Person Has Not Emerged As President.. We Are Not Satisfied With Buhari’s Performance – Northern Elder Stateman Balarabe Musa
- See Where Emmanuel Macron Worked In Nigeria
- 6 Things You Need To Know About The National Assembly Nigeria ”Mace” Stolen By Hoodlums
- Nigeria Up For Sale!! Angry Nigerian Puts Nigeria On Sale On Negotiation In OLX Classified Website, See How Much (Photos)
- We The Northerners Endured First Coup Hatched Against Us And Carried On As If Nothing Happened – Ango Abdullahi Support Arewa Youths
- Breaking: President Buhari To Receive The 2018 Budget Tomorrow – Saraki