Two persons have been confirmed dead after Eurostars David Hotel pmcaught fire around 5 pm this evening while 40 people were inside.
As well as the two people who died, nine were injured.
Prague rescue service spokeswoman Jana Postova says in addition to the fatalities, three people had to be resuscitated.
The victims haven’t been immediately identified.
Petr Kolouch, director of the Prague Emergency Medical Service, told Czech TV: ‘There are two [deaths] but we are afraid that won’t be the final figure’.
Eurostars David Hotel is located a block away from the Vltava River and near the Czech capital’s National Theatre.
Of those hurt, five people were seriously injured, the Prague Emergency Medical Service said.
The cause of the fire was not clear.
- In Pictures: Cars Destroyed As Fire Guts Newton Hotel Owerri, Imo State
- See The Moment FIRS Chased Out Hotel Guests Away In Delta State (Photos)
- See Mohammed Al Haj Ali Who Escaped Death In War In Syria Later Died In London Tower Fire Incident
- See Moment Yob Puts Himself On Fire During Bungled Arson Attack On A Mercedes
- Breaking News: NAFDAC Headquarters On Fire
- How Tema Pastor, Rev David Nabegmado Was Stabbed To Death During Church Service
- 6 Confirmed Dead After a massive fire that engulfed a London tower block