The Publicity Secretary of the Lagos State All Progressives Party (APC), Joe Igbokwe, has asked Igbos to support President Buhari in 2019 so as to get the 2023 Presidency.
According to him, President Buhari is the only channel to which igbos will get the 2023.
Igbokwe said that the best alternative for Igbos was to support President Buhari in 2019 so that in 2023, other regions will back the Southeast for Presidency
He told Nation Newspaper: “We have had the position before; the offering of a VP slot by the PDP does not make any big deal to the Southeast. We are tired of occupying that position.
“I am very sure the east will support Buhari, so that in 2023, other people will support us for the presidency. The east has to vote massively during the Presidential election to support Buhari.”
“If anyone is offering them VP with the view of holding them down, they should reject jt. After all, the Yoruba rejected Shonekan, who was the Interim head of state. We have to vote for other people for them to also vote for us in return,” he said.
Recall that Igbokwe had said earlier that one of the reasons Igbos were finding it hard to govern the nation was that they don’t know how to play good politics.
According to him, “We need to build the connection and the time is now. No Igbo man has ruled this country since Aguiyi Ironsi led regime. Since that time, no Igbo man has played good politics. We should not miss this opportunity.”
“Politics is a serious game. If the Igbo do not play politics well, they will die. The shortest distance to Igbo presidency is APC. By 2023, a northerner, President Buhari would have completed his eight years and an Igbo man will easily come in,” he had said.
- Biafra: Igbos Did Not Like What Nnamdi Kanu Was Doing.. But They Were Afraid To Speak Up – Joe Igbokwe
- Southeast Cannot Contain Igbos If They Decide To Come Back – Joe Igbokwe
- Igbos Should Support Buhari Because Only Him Can Give Igbos Presidency – Sir Arthur Eze
- No Igbo President In 2023, If Buhari Is Not Re-elected – Orji Uzor Kalu
- The North, Nigerians Will Vote For Buhari In 2019 Even If He Is On Wheelchair – Northern Leader
- I Swear If Buhari Contest In 2019.. I Will Vote For Atiku – Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan
- Why Buhari Chose An Igbo Man As His Running Mate In Past – Fani Kayode Finally Opens UP