Who Are Fulani Herdsmen
The people of Fulani, numbering about 20 and 25 million people in total,are one of the largest ethnic groups in the Sahel and West Africa, widely dispersed across the region. The Fulani people are traditionally known to have roots in peoples from North Africa and the Middle East, who later intermingled with locals in West African ethnic groups. As an ethnic group, they are bound together by the Fulani language and their Islamic religious affiliation,their history and their culture.
Fulani men are mostly seen as cattle rearers in Northern parts of Nigeria that is mostly dominated by Hausa tribes.
Where Is The State Of Fulani Located In Nigeria
The Fulani people are widely distributed, across the Sahel from the Atlantic coast to the Red Sea, particularly in West Africa.
The countries where they are present include Mauritania, Ghana, Senegal, Guinea, the Gambia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea Bissau, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Niger, Chad, Togo, South Sudan the Central African Republic, Liberia, and as far east as the Red Sea in Sudan and Egypt.
With the exception of Guinea,Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger where the Fula make up the largest ethnic group, and Fulas are either a significant or a minority ethnic group in nearly all other countries they live in.
Alongside, many also speak other languages of the countries they inhabit, making many Fulani bilingual or even trilingual in nature. Such languages include French, Hausa, Bambara, Wolof, and Arabic.
- Is Niger The Same As Nigeria? See 2 Ways To Differentiate It
- “I Will Not Belong To One Nigeria And Can Never Want It, Did The Yorubas Not Announced Oduduwa Republic? – Nnamdi Kanu Spits Fire
- CHAN 2018: Nigeria Vs Libya Match Today, Watch Full Live Updates And Live Scores
- Who Gave The Country Nigeria It’s Name?.. Who Really Chose The Name Nigeria
- Only Buhari’s Family Members Occupy DSS… It’s Now A Family Affair – Nnamdi Kanu
- Is Nigeria Eligible For DV Lottery 2018?
- Which Ocean Borders Ghana?