The Igbo apex social-political organization, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has replied back to President Buhari over restructuring, says it is inevitable.
This was in reaction to President Muhammadu Buhari’s New Year address on the subject matter.
Speaking to Punch through its National Publicity Secretary, Uche Achi- Okpaga, in Enugu, Ohaneze said that Buhari was never going to embrace restructuring.
Ohaneze, however, insisted that restructuring was “inevitable,” describing the campaign to restructure the country as a ‘moving train’ that would consume those on its track.
Achi- Okpaga said, “I am not, by any means, surprised at the President ’s speech against restructuring. It lends complete credence to the prevailing belief that the he is a down-to-earth Fulani ‘hegemonist’, who has been brainwashed and will never see anything good in restructuring.
“It only smacks of ignorance for anyone to think that restructuring would not favour the North.
“The irony is that Nigeria has been restructuring even from the pre-independence times and at every point in time, it had always favoured the North; from unitary to regional government, from parliamentary to presidential system.
“Even the present six geopolitical zones structure introduced by the late General Sani Abacha also favours the North.
“In a nutshell, restructuring is like a moving train . It will eventually consume those on its track and only time will vindicate us in Ohanaeze.”
- Train crushes police inspector, motorcyclist to death in Lagos (Photo)
- Time Is Running Out On Nigeria… It’s Either We Restructure Now Or Disintegrate – Ezeife
- Buhari Knows Everything Osinbajo Is Doing – Lai Mohammed
- El Capon – Chop Puna
- We Don’t Have To Restructure Nigeria Now – Arewa Youths
- Biafra: What Nnamdi Kanu Discussed With Ohaneze Youth Council (OYC) Today
- I Did Not Describe Those Seeking Restructuring As Political Jobbers – Osinbajo Reacts