Suspected kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans, has sued the police again and demanded N200million compensation.
On Thursday, he asked a Federal High Court in Lagos to compel the police to immediately and unconditionally release 25 Mack trucks allegedly seized and confiscated from him without a court order.
Evans, through his lawyer Olukoya Ogungbeje, accused the Inspector-General of Police and four others of unlawfully seizing the trucks and converting same to their personal use.
Those accused of acting alongside the IGP are the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), Inspector-General of Police Response Team (IRT), Lagos State Police Commissioner, and Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
The suspected kidnapper also asked the court to compel the five respondents to tender an apology to him and pay him the sum of N200million, as general and exemplary damages for the breach of his rights, the threat to his life, harassment, and for the forceful seizure and confiscation of the trucks.
But the IGP and other respondents in the suit, through their lawyer, Emmanuel Eze, urged the court to dismiss the suit with punitive cost.
Mr Eze also told the court that Evans lied as the police only recovered 11 trucks from him.
In his confessional statement to the police, Evans was said to have admitted that the 11 trucks were purchased from the proceeds of ransom collected from his kidnap victims.
Justice Hadiza Rabiu-Shagari consequently fixed April 17 for judgment after listening to the arguments and submissions of both parties.
- I Did Not Sue Police, Some People Want To Put Me In More Trouble – Evans
- See The Face Of The Lawyer Kidnapper Evans Employed To Sue The IG Of Police (Photos)
- Breaking News: Notorious Kidnapper, Evans Sues Nigerian Police To Court, Says Release Me Or..
- Happening Now!! Evans First Case In Court Wins N300Million Suit, Trial To Continue
- Billionaire Kidnapper Evans Demands N300m For Damages
- Police Officers Helping Billionaire Kidnapper Evans Exposed
- ”I Am Guilty” – Notorious Kidnapper, Evans