The Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture and immediate past governor of Abia State, Senator Theodore Orji, has described the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo as a “prophet”.
Sen Orji, representing Abia Central Senatorial District in the Red Chamber of the National Assembly, spoke on the recent letter written by the former Nigerian leader, Obasanjo, where he urged President Muhammadu Buhari to bury his 2019 re-election bid and retire back to his hometown in Daura, Katsina State.
It should be recalled that Obasanjo had written an open letter to President Buhari, in the letter, he asked the president to shun seeking for re-election in 2019, according to him, Buhari has performed below expectations.
Reacting, Sen Orji, in an interview with newsmen said President Buhari should heed to Obasanjo’s advice, according to him, former leaders who failed to listen to Obasanjo, saw the consequences.
He said; “I can only advice the federal government to accede to the advice from the elder statesman and former President of Nigeria. The man has become a prophet and that is why I advise that his letter should not be treated with levity, but with the seriousness it deserves. It is not the first time he has written to a President.
“He has done so over the years and no sooner has the letter been received than those that failed to heed it have themselves to blame. But seriously speaking the former President has performed his role as a former President and an elder statesman. Such a person cannot be around and see things going wrong and keep quiet.
“So for me, there is nothing wrong with what he has done and I also think that there will be nothing wrong for the federal government to take his advice and do the proper thing. There was nothing personal in the letter he wrote and he was merely writing to a friend and brother both in the military and democracy.
“Both of them have come a long way so they owe themselves only the truth and that is what President Obasanjo has done. He should be commended for the courage as he was commended when he wrote in 2013. He should not be villified.
- Buhari’s Government Has Failed and Will Continue To Fail – Junaid Reacts Reacts To Obasanjo’s Letter
- Obasanjo’s Bombshell Letter To Buhari Is Now On Sale (Photo)
- The Question On Whether Buhari Should Seek A Re-election Or Not Is A Distraction – Lai Mohammed To Obasanjo
- Obj’s Letter: Buhari’s Followers Are Blind – Arewa Youths
- Big Masquerades Have Taking The Centre Stage, And The Small Masquerades Must Quit The Stage – Obasanjo
- After His Shocking Letter.. Buahri & Obasanjo All Smiles As They Meet In Addis Ababa For AU Summit (Photos)
- Obasanjo’s Son, Olajuwon Declares His Support For Buhari