President Trump acknowledged Friday that he used “tough” language during a meeting on efforts toward a bipartisan immigration deal but appeared to deny using the term “shithole” to refer to some countries.
“The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made — a big setback for DACA!” Trump wrote on Twitter.
Spokespeople for the White House did not immediately respond to a request for clarification Friday. The White House had not denied Thursday that Trump used the vulgarity, first reported by The Washington Post and later confirmed by numerous other news outlets.
- Trump Comment On Nigeria: White House Denies Report Donald Trump Said Nigerians Live In ‘Huts
- African Countries Are Shitholes – Donald Trump
- Meet Omarosa Manigault, The Nigerian Woman Who Quit Her N64m White House Job (Photo)
- Pictures Of American President, Donald Trump Welcoming Buhari At White House
- Clear Evidence That The IPOB List Claiming To Visit Trump Is Fake – [Latimes.com]
- Why Donald Trump Referred To Buhari As ‘Lifeless’ After Their Meeting In US – Financial Times
- La David Johnson: I Did Not Say What She Said – Trump Denies Telling The Widow Of A Fallen U.S. Soldier, ‘He Knew What He Signed Up For,”