Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
Minister of labour and employment, Dr Chris Ngige says the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government has created over eight million jobs in less than three years.
Ngige said the jobs were mostly blue collar jobs, which he said was the main hub in employment generation today.
He said farming, carpentry, bricklaying, tiling and many others constitute the blue collar jobs which the federal government was now using to redeem youths from joblessness occasioned by lack of white collar jobs.
The minister, who spoke to journalists Friday at Ifitedunu, Anambra State after the ground breaking ceremony of a specialist skill acquisition centre, said because of the huge employment potential in the blue collar jobs, the federal government decided to build centres where it would give youths of all educational qualification different levels of training that would help them secure jobs.
He said, “There are no white collar jobs any longer. If you are waiting for one, you will wait for a long time.
“People are now finding employment in the blue collar jobs, and it is even more profitable. How many of you are aware that the day pay for carpenters and other artisans have increased?
“In Abuja they collect as high as N10,000. If they get jobs even if it is five times a month, do you know how much that is? How many white collar jobs pay that?”
Ngige said the unavailability of artisans was because most of them had gone to farm, and there was need to train a new generation of tillers, builders, and people in other crafts.
“In farming alone, this government has generated lots of jobs. You eat Anambra rice here, others eat Abakaliki rice, in Abuja I eat Kano rice and even Imo too has come up with their. All these brings employment,” he said.
Speaking on the Ifitedunu specialist skill acquisition centre, the minister said the centre was budgeted for in 2017 budget, and was again captured in the 2018 budget.
“What that means is that the funds for the project is already available. There is not fear of the project being abandoned.
“Federal government will construct this skill acquisition centre with maximum dispatch,” he said.
- 2019 Presidential Election: “We Only Need Buhari To Tells Us When He Wants To Buy The Form” – Emeka Ilouno
- ASUU Strike: My Child Is Also At Home – Ngige
- ASUU STRIKES UPDATE 2019: Outcome Of ASUU Meeting FG (Federal Government)
- Why The Waste? See Rice Factory In Anambra Now Abandoned By FG (Photos)
- SSANU, NASU, NAAT Reportedly Suspends Industrial Action (Details)
- Lagos Plans To Sell Lake Rice N12,000 for 50kg bag, N6,000 for 25kg , And N2,500 for 10kg Because Of “Eld-el-kabir”
- 4 Top Customer Service Jobs In Kenya 2017 – Apply Now
- Video: See The Moment ASUU Called Off Its 1 Month Strike
- New Minimum Wage Nigeria 2019: N27,000 For States – N30,000 For Federal Workers [DETAILS]
- ASUU Strike 2017 News Update: Federal Govt Appoints Osinbajo As Chief Negotiator’’