The Former Governor of old Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, has called for economic restructuring to ensure delivery of positive and impactful governance in other to develop the country in the year 2018 and beyond.
Musa told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday, following President Muhammadu Buhari’s New Year broadcast.
Buhari had in the speech said that the problem with Nigeria was not the structure but the process of doing things.
Musa said that the problem with Nigeria had always been leadership rather than structures, explaining that regional system failed because leaders were pursuing secessionist agenda.
“The economy should be restructured. What we are operating now in which the economy is in private hands cannot help us.
“We should restructure the economy so that government can play a greater role for sustainable development,” he said.
The former governor, however, urged Buhari to form a government of national unity in the New Year for all-inclusiveness.
Musa added that Nigeria would be better in the New Year if people subordinated personal interests to public interests.
- BREAKING NEWS: 2019 Election Is A Referendum On Restructuring – Ijaw Leaders
- Rice Imports Will Stop This Year – Buhari
- God Revealed To Me That Nigeria Was Handed Over To Satan In 1977 During FESTAC ’77 Festival – Prophet Williams Onuoha
- Buhari Is Incorruptible – Gov Yahaya Bello
- I Knew Buhari Was In Weak In Handling The Economy And Went Ahead To Vote For Him Because Jonathan… – Obasanjo
- See Why This Woman Knelt And Cried Before President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Is Not The Drop In The Price Of Crude Oil That Destroyed The Nigerian Economy But Buhari’s Government Did – Reno Omokri