The Edo state governor and House of Rep member have boosted the Christopher Danjuma’s girls with cash gift after securing a ticket to France.
Governor Godwin Obaseki has splashed the sum of five million naira on players and officials of the Nigeria U20 women team for their World Cup qualification.
The Falconets hammered South Africa 8-0 on aggregate to confirm their appearance at the Fifa U20 Women’s World Cup in France later this year.
The Edo state governor, who hosted the team during their home games in qualifying series, was delighted with their smooth journey, hence the cash gift.
“We’re very proud of the team’s smooth and successful qualification to the World Cup in France,” Obaseki told the team.
“The people and government of Edo state are indeed happy for the great joy you all brought us all through the qualifying series.
“On behalf of the people of Edo state, I wish you a fair draw and glorious outing at the World Cup in France.”
In the same vein, House of Representative member, Honorable Ayo Omidiran, who doubles as head of the NFF women’s football committee fulfilled her pledge for team’s qualification with the sum of five hundred thousand naira.
“I made a pledge to reward the girls if they defeat South Africa and qualify for the World Cup. They have done it and I’m very proud of their performance,”
Omidiran told Goal.
“They need to be encouraged for all they have done after making Nigerians proud and happy by qualifying the country for the World Cup.
“I hope to take their latest success story to the floor of the House this week. They deserve to be celebrated,” she said.
Also, former Super Falcons player and coach Florence Omagbemi boosted the Falconets with a cash donation of hundred thousand naira.
Meanwhile, Nigeria and Ghana, who emerged as African representatives will join hosts France, China PR, Japan, North Korea, Haiti, Mexico, United States, Brazil, Paraguay, New Zealand, England, Germany, Spain and Netherlands.
The 16-team tournament billed to be hosted in four cities of the European nation is scheduled to hold from August
- President Buhari Approves 1Million Naira To Each Female D’Tigress Team For Afrobasket 2017 Win
- Too Much Money!! Nigeria To Recieve N4.5 Billion From FIFA For Qualifying For Russia World Cup 2018
- Quit Notice: Borno Governor Shettima Meets 25 Igbo Carpenters Working In A School Under Construction In The North (Photos)
- Nigeria’s Falconets Win 6-0 Against South Africa’s Basetsana To Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos)
- Nigeria Is In What Group? Nigeria Group In 2018 World Cup Qualification
- Outrageous!! Nigeria U20 Women Team Kneels Down To Collect Their Match Entitlements (Photos/Video)
- Liberian President, Sirleaf Crowned “Adadiohanma” In Imo State (Photos)