Igbo apex socio-cultural organization, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has sated that the only reason why the military created & gave the Northern Nigeria the highest numbers of states and local governments was to Marginalize the Southeeast .
Ohanaeze made the disclosure in Abagana, Njikoka Local Government of Anambra State, during the 2018 Igbo International Leadership and Good Governance Retreat.
The retreat, which was organised by the World Igbo Leadership Council and the World Igbo Information and Communication Network was the third in the series and hosted by the president of World Igbo Assembly and traditional Prime Minister of Abagana, Dr. Nwachukwu Anakwenze.
Speaking at the event, Nwodo commended organisers of the annual retreat and noted that though it was not in doubt that Igbo, as a people, are facing large scale marginalisation in Nigeria, the way to win was not through fighting another war, but by adopting peaceful means and dialogue with the opposition.
Citing the issue of states and local governments creation in Nigeria in which, Igbo according to him were grossly shortchanged, Nwodo stressed that such anomalies could only be corrected through dialogue and ensuring that other Nigerians to see the need with Igbo for equity and justice in the Nigeria project.
“The military created states and local governments and gave the North the highest numbers, not because our population was smallest, but just part of the marginalisation process. But, we should be patient and continue to do what we have already started, knowing that the battle is no longer the type that will be fought with guns but using intelligence.
- The Government Intends To Re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze
- Nwodo Is Using Ohanaeze Platform To Project Himself As A Vice-presidential Candidate Of A Political Party In The 2019 General Election – Uwazuruike
- Why I Am Not Against The Agitation For Biafra – Ohaneze President, John Nwodo Reveals
- Whoever Wants To Be President Will Not Stay In Office For More Than One Term… 2023 Is Igbo Presidency – Ohanaeze Insists
- Biafra: Nobody Will Stop Or Quench What Is About To Come – IPOB To Ohanaeze Leaders
- Lagos Is Yorubaland, Not Igboland… You Are A Serial Betrayer – IPOB Blasts Ohaneze Nwodo
- Igbo Quit Notice: Northern Youths Wants Nnamdi Kanu To Shut Up – Ohaneze