The Ohanaeze Ndigbo has reacted to the ruling on the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) by the court yesterday.
President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo in his reaction said: “It is unfortunate that our courts are allowing themselves to be used for unlawful and political ends. IPOB has done nothing to qualify, as defined by international standards, to be called a terrorist organisation.
“Sadly, the Federal Attorney General in his parochialism, unmitigated bias and calumny has not found it necessary to classify Fulani herdsmen as terrorists inspite of their classification by the Global Terrorist Index as the fourth deadliest terrorist organization in the world.
“Ohanaeze frowns at this nepotism, this denigration of our judiciary and this stigmatization of our children.”
Similarly, another Igbo group, Aligbo Development Foundation, ADF, said the court decision sounded like a political statement.
President of ADF, Prof. Timothy Nwala said: “the declaration sounds like a political statement. Legal declarations are born out of sound logic. I doubt if there is any rational thought in this case.
“There was no rational basis for the court verdict. The world knows what they are doing. If Fulani Marauders are not terrorists, I wonder what the world would say.”
- Breaking News! Nnamdi Kanu Declared The New Igbo Leader
- I Don’t Know Why Buhari Declared IPOB Terrorist But Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Terrorist – Miyetti Allah
- Igbo Leaders Taking Orders From The Fulani Oligarchy – IPOB
- Biafra: Our Son Nnamdi Kanu Has Done Well In Heightening The Mood Of Ndigbo In Nigeria But… – Ohanaeze
- We Will Never Change Name Because Of Kangaro & Black Market Order Obtained From Justice Kafarati At The Federal High Court Abuja – IPOB
- People Will Continue To Die Needlessly Until Nigeria Is Divided – IPOB
- Biafra: Nobody Will Stop Or Quench What Is About To Come – IPOB To Ohanaeze Leaders