The Benue State chairman of the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC, Comrade Abba Yaro says Fulani Herdsmen operations can be stopped if the Federal gOvernment were able to stop the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB).
In a Statement issued in Abuja, Yaro decried the recent killings as an attempt to spark second civil war in Nigeria, insisting that, it is clear case of ethnic cleansing around the Benue Valley which must be stopped immediately.
While calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately call the Fulani to order and as well direct security agents to fetch out the killers, he also called on all Benue Sons and daughters, irrespective of Party affiliation to rise in defence of Benue Community.
“This is above Party politics, it is human lives, how can you kill a pregnant woman and removed the unborn child yet slaughtered it? It is barbaric, unspeakable and generally unpalatable”.
Yaro says the Anti Open Grazing Law in Benue is not targeted at any section of the people but for the general security of Benue State, a measure against cattle rustling and a solution to herders/farmers clash.
“The implementation is ongoing and we are in support of our governor, we are not deterred, the Anti Open Grazing Law has come to stay.
“Nigerians should not see the killings as a Benue problem but National crisis, the absence of peace in Benue is an absence of peace in Nigeria.
“We must treat it as a national ethnic cleansing by the Fulanis and collectively pressurize Mr President to put an end to it. If Boko Haram can be defeated, IPOB stopped, Fulani killings can be stopped”, he observed.
He further call on the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Buratai, the Interior Minister Lt Gen Danbazau, the Director General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Lawal Daura, the Inspector General of Police Ibrahim Idris to protect Benue community or “we rise in self-defense, which will amount to the second civil war.”
Yaro emphasized that “if the Fulanis are not called to order by the relevant authorities to stop the ethnic cleansing like the lawless Fulanis are doing, Benue people shall take laws into their hands in self-defense”.
- Fani Kayode Reveals The Leader Of Fulani Terrorist Group Behind The Recent Massacre In Benue State
- I Will Continue To Accuse Buhari Of Encouraging, Supporting, Protecting & Empowering The Fulani Terrorists Until.. – Fani Kayode
- I Join IPOB In Condemning BBC & CNN For.. – Fani Kayode
- Fani Kayode Reveals The Leader Of Fulani Terrorists
- Another Man Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Edo This Morning (Graphic Photos)
- Numan Killings: Buhari Should Protect All Our Members – Fulani Herdsmen Cries Out For Help
- Benue And Immigration Boundary Camp Killings: Buhari Must Act Now – Fayose Reacts