The Police in Ogun have arrested a suspected indian hemp merchant, who was reportedly caught with 114 bags of the illegal substance.
The Command Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspect identified as Noah Olaore was arrested on December 29, 2017 in front of the Moshood Abiola International Stadium, Abeokuta.
”Men of Ogun State Police Command have arrested one Noah Olaore ‘m’ with one hundred and fourteen bags of weeds suspected to be Indian Hemp,” said Mr. Oyeyemi in a statement.
He said the arrest of the suspect followed information received by officials of Federal Anti-Robbery Squad that some hoodlums who specialised in importing hard drugs from Benin Republic into Ogun State were in town.
“Upon the information, a team of FSARS operatives led by Inspr. Adeyemi Akeem were detailed to go after the hoodlums and they accosted them in front of M.K.O Abiola stadium where the suspect was arrested with the exhibits,” Mr. Oyeyemi said.
Mr. Oyeyemi said the Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu has ordered a full scale investigation into the matter.
- JUST IN: Last Member Of An Armed Robbery Gang That Shot & Injured DPO Shot Dead In Ogun
- Pastor Daniel Onwugbufor The General Overseer of God’s Favour Ministry Arrested For Car Snatching Blames The Devil (Photos)
- Fake Pastor Who Killed 1yr-Old Baby For Rituals Paraded With His Boxes Of Charms (Photos)
- Suspected Killers Of Rev Fr Cyriacus Onunkwo In Imo Have Been Arrested By The Nigerian Police (Photos)
- Militants & Policemen Engage In Gun Battle In Ogun, 3 Officers Killed
- 20 Year Old Dare Devil And Notorious Armed Robber In Lagos, Ahmed Lateef Have Been Arrested (Photos)
- Breaking News: Driver Loses Control, Crashes Into A Large Crowd Of Muslim Worshippers At The Eid-El Kabir Prayer Ground In Ogun, 3 Feared Dead