Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State yesterday said that plans have been concluded to commission 1,125 hectares of land in the state for cattle business.The governor made this known to newsmen in Owerri.
According to the principal officer to the governor on Imo State Lives Stock, Hon Calistus Chinedu, the business was in partnership with Amana Cattle Dealers Association of Nigeria.
He said: “This is to inform you that Governor Rochas Okorocha will be commissioning the Ultra Modern Regional Cattle Market, in Okiqwe Local Government Area of Imo State, one of its kind in West Africa.
“The land space is 1,125 hectares of land. The government of Imo State acquired the land since 2008. The reason for which the government in the past acquired the land was not fulfilled. “
It was the view of the principal officer that by the time the cattle market begins to function, “the prices of cattle will be very cheap when compared with other places”. He added that, “it will also boost the revenue generation of the state government. “
Furthermore, he said, “ the first set of cows have landed in the market. We are appealing to Imo people and other people in the neighbouring states to come and patronize the market.“
- Fulanis Are Not Killer Herdsmen – Okorocha
- Okorocha Granted Amnesty To Don Waney Cultist Group Who Have Been Declared Wanted In Rivers State – Wike
- OMG! Unfortunate Young Boy Shot Dead After A Gun Battle Following The Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Graphic Photos)
- Biafra: Okorocha Went House To House, Market To Market Calling People To Come And Open Their Shops On May 30 – IPOB
- Why I Created Commissioner For Happiness – Okorocha
- Okorocha Should Start Parking His Load To Go Back To Jos… The Only Solution To Nigeria’s Problem Is Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Biafra: No Reasonable Igbo Man Will Support Secession – Okorocha Fires Nnamdi Kanu