With Alexis Sanchez likely to join Manchester City in the January transfer window Arsenal are looking to replace his absence with Algerian and Leicester City attacking midfielder Riyad Mahrez.
According to the Le Buteur website Arsenal are reportedly weighing up a bid for Mahrez, but Leicester have insisted that the 26-year-old will not go for cheap and are likely to hold out for an offer of at least £44 million.
Leicester have shown their resilience in the past and determination to get fair value for Mahrez as was evident when they rejected three bids made by Serie A club Roma in the last transfer market.
Arsenal, though, will be desperate to acquire the Algerian’s services especially if Sanchez does make a move to Manchester City which is looking more and more likely.
Mahrez, who joined Leicester back in January 2014 following his transfer from French outfit Le Havre, has netted 42 times in 160 games overall for the club.
- Man City News Today – Alexis Sanchez transfer Ongoing In Chile As Delegates Are On The Way
- See How Leicester City Celebrated Kelechi Iheanacho’s 21st Birthday
- Football Rumor: Nigerian Ahmed Musa Stay At Leicester City Is Under Review – Puel
- VIDEO: Leicester City Vs Manchester City 2 -1 Highlights
- EPL: Leicester’s Iheanacho, Musa, Ndidi Ambush Arsenal’s Iwobi At Emirates
- Nigerian Footballer Kelechi Iheanacho Undergoes Medical At Leicester City (Photos)
- Here Is Why Chelsea Cancelled Their Premier League Victory Parade